I’m headed to the Disney Grand Floridian Resort and Spa this week for the 2013 ISPA Industry Conference. Yes, I’ll be working my tail off, but come Friday, I’M GOING TO DISNEY. I went for the first time when I was 19 years old and have always wanted to go back. No snow or lack of sleep is going to stop this girl!
Since I’m basically 30 going on 3, when it comes to this whole Disney trip, I figured a few sleep tips might be in store for myself and others that are as equally as excited for their upcoming trips. (Spring Break is just around the corner…)
1. Keep your regular sleep time, (unless of course your flight is at 4am. Work backwards and plan for 7-8 hours of rest.)
2. Get ALL your packing and chores out of the way well before bed.
3. Create a calm, sleep-inducing environment. I know you’re excited, but keep the PDAs and laptops out of the bedroom, and fortheloveofgod, stop refreshing the temps on The Weather Channel over and over again. It’ll be great, we promise.
4. Can’t stop thinking? Write down your thoughts and read them tomorrow on the plane. Calm the mind.
5. Take a warm bath or shower. R-e-l-a-x.
6. Read a book or listen to calming music. Again, relaaaax.
7. Try some deep breathing techniques. Focus on your breath, and not what awesomeness is in store for you and your family tomorrow.
8. Set two alarm clocks. If you’re like me and panicked that you’ll oversleep, calm your nerves and set two different alarms to go off.
9. Keep your room cool, quiet and free of distraction.
10. Don’t stay up too late! Laundry isn’t finished? House isn’t clean? It’s OK. You’re better off getting at least 7 hours of sleep than you are to start your vacation tired and groggy.
I promise to try some of these tonight!
Until next time…